Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Kitchen's a mess...must mean school's out!

The gang gettin' set up for some yummy cookies and hot cocoa. JC is climbing up so he can see as he can never get quite close enough to the action. He loves it when the girls are home...waaaaay more exciting than playing with Mom!
Dayle diggin' in! She has been waiting FOREVER to do the easy bake oven (once again). The ingredient packages from Dave and Nikki were given to her on Saturday and she has asked every day since to start bakin'...gotta love ambition!
My little poet reading directions...that's my girl!
Once again, not looking at the camera...but is that a half smile? There is hope!
B with our new latte/hot cocoa maker...very cool and very very yummy!


Thanksgiving vacation has begun! The girls had school this morning which included an all-school chapel. Jaron, Reese, and I went to watch as Dayle & Lauren both had speaking parts. Dayle recited Psalm 100 with all the 2nd graders while Lauren had to read a Psalm that she wrote herself. I am including the words on the blog tomorrow and will try as time allows to get the actual footage I videotaped onto the blog too. I have yet to figure out the video aspect of blogging. Time has not allowed me to figure it out...or is that Reese & Jaron that haven't allowed me to figure it out? You decide!

Regardless, the kitchen is a mess and I love it!! Seems like every time we have a half day or no school at all, we all end up in the kitchen baking. Brooke is creating a hot chocolate concoction as I recently purchased a latte/hot cocoa maker with a recipe book of warm yummy drinks. (btw, VERY cook gizmo for the kids...it is by "back to basics" and worth every penny!) Lauren and Dayle were busy with the "Easy bake oven" as Dave & Nikki gave them a few more packages. (Thanks Dave and Nikki! Both packages are gone already! They are great gifts!) AND Jaron...he is running all around the house, all sugared up and crazy as the girls are home and he is not taking a nap today...did I mention Doc is coming home tonight and I cannot wait!? Til tomorrow and turkey time...

No comments: