Saturday, May 5, 2012
All my chicks under one roof each night...
Just wanted to update everyone on the crazy but exciting month we are having in the Bleeker household! It is busy and yes, sadly we are not sitting around the dining room table near enough for my liking but we are thoroughly enjoying the rat race to keep up with the kids' hectic schedules. Thankfully we are all healthy and the weather has been nice...very nice! Here is a week in the life of a Bleeker!
Brooke continues to run for the CONFERENCE CHAMPION & CITY CHAMPION Crusader Varsity track team. She is usually found running an 800 or a 400 and just loves the track environment. Districts are this week in Spirit Lake and we hope she and her teammates run well so she can return to the blue track in Des Moines for the State meet. ((Please say a prayer on Thursday night around supper time for her! I will keep you posted.))
Jaron is also playing on a team that knows how to win! He usually comes home with the score of 7-0 or more and is very proud to say they have not lost...even though there is no score board. He is very competitive and both Doc & I love the aggressive boy we see on the field who patiently waits on the sidelines for his turn.
Brooke also is playing for a winning Heelan Crusader Varsity soccer team. Another great group of gals that know how to pass the ball and win! She is usually found on the field as a midfielder putting on miles and miles during each game. I think she is thankful for the conditioning from track practice! She looks quick and strong and we love to watch her knock people around on the field. ((Did I just say that?! lol))
Lauren just wrapped up her middle school track experience with some great times and good memories. She signed up for the 200, 400 and long jump. She is a natural runner and looks so smooth on the track. Her best was a 67 in the 400 but, I must admit, only made a few track practices as she was at soccer practice. With a consistent practice schedule as a Freshman next year, we look forward to seeing the Bleeker-to-Bleeker handoff. ((Trust me I WILL get pictures of that!))
Jaron had his end of the year Spring program about monkeys...thus the brown shirt. He had a great year at Kindergarten and is reading very well but asks every day when summer starts...14 days, my son! 14 days!!
Dayle also had her year end vocal concert the same night as Jaron. They both did great! Doesn't she look so cute in her glasses?? So hard to believe that she will be in Middle School next year...
Lauren is still playing club soccer ((although I couldn't find any pics...better write that down)) but here she is with her school 8th grade team. She is a leader in the center midfield position making great passes so others can score and is so quick on the field. It is a great group of athletes and will surely make next year's Heelan Junior Varsity team very competitive. ((Love that word))
So, that is the life of the Bleekers...at least for the past 7 days. I need to add that (A) I took no pictures at the 5th-12th grade Heelan Band concert that had Dayle (saxophone) and Lauren (bass clarinet) on the stage. (B) Dayle had a softball game today but it was too humid to drag a camera along. (C) Dayle has two club soccer games tomorrow...but who is counting?? LOL I love keeping up with the kids. This time is short. I will miss this someday. (I say these three sentences in my head multiple times a day as I say a prayer for stamina and patience while driving all over Sioux City.) After all, these are special times with all my chicks under my roof each night...