Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Teenager!

Happy Birthday Brooke Sheridan!! She turned 13 today and I wonder where the years have gone. She is such a great kid and an awesome example (and help) for her siblings. Greg and I are so blessed to call her our child and to just have her in our lives. Love you B!
A great sketch that Brooke did last fall at CVC in California. We surprised her by having Grandpa and Grandma frame it. Then she hung it in her NEW ROOM which we painted red, black, and white. It looks great and I hope to post pics sometime soon. (First need to paint Lauren & Dayle's room to keep everyone happy!)
Here's yet another picture of B with her little sidekick close by...Jaron really looks up to B and loves to hang out with her. Plus, with all the presents around to open he was not going to leave for a second! (Notice he is only wearing shorts! I cannot get the CA spirit out of this boy! He hates to wear shirts and sox and shoes and coats and pants...guess I should be thankful he is wearing shorts, right?)
And I quote, "Too COOL!" A new Iowa State chair for her room...she immediately went downstairs to redecorate to accommodate it. Did I say 13? Wow! She is so beautiful!
Of course! Jaron wanted his picture taken too. Plus, he is into posing...I should really post some pics taken of him at a basketball game in a Home Depot apron. Personality plus! Did I mention he is finally potty trained? Finally! And not a moment too soon...
Another duo...Reese in the arms of her fav! Lauren and Reese are such buds! I sure hope this close bond continues into the years. Lookin' at these twins makes my heart soar...too cute and lookin' too similar! Awesome!

On a side note, we want to share with everyone that things have started to fall together for Doc and the dairy option. As of last month, we are officially dairymen/woman/kids/etc....heehee We purchased a dairy in Harlan, Iowa that was "for sale". It was our gain from someone else's loss. Greg is making the extra effort as he partners/runs/vets the operation of 5200 head. We are thrilled at the opportunity but ask that you continue to keep us all in your prayers. The dairy is located 1 and 1/2 hours away from our home. Not wanting to uproot the kids (and me!) again, we have decided to stay put and that puts Doc on the road. He spends 1 night a week there and many hours on the road each week. Anywhere in the world that is a fair prayer request but in Iowa (esp. winter time) that is a definite prayer request. We are doing great and pray that our extended family in CA is truly thankful for those awesome "winters" as we are so missing them. We are loving our location as family is always around. And we so do know that God is good! Spring will come...

No comments: